Outdoor Entertaining All Year Long
Outdoor entertaining is heating up, so to speak, with plenty of us wanting to be able to use our alfresco dining areas all year long. As a result, the installation of outdoor fireplaces, pizza ovens, patio heaters and gazebos are becoming must have items in the good old kiwi backyard. Covered patios and decks, as well as pool cabanas are replacing the traditional folding picnic chairs next to our BBQs. In fact, the quarter acre section is quickly becoming eye candy, with landscaped gardens and outdoor kitchens more normal than grass!
Alfresco Dining Kiwi Style
There is nothing more traditional that a few sausages on the barbie, a cold beer and pavlova ready for desert. Yet nowadays we are looking for that little bit more when it comes to outdoor eating. Many New Zealand homeowners and landlords are wanting to provide their properties with an outdoor entertainment area which rivals the indoors. Consequently, we’ve noticed many owners are coming to us for guidance with both the design and building of alfresco dining areas with either a permanent or retractable roof and walls. With the move towards spending more time outdoors, our indoor outdoor flow continues to be important too.
Popular building trends for our outdoor areas include:
- Built in furniture, especially around walls and within covered areas. Often the seating has a removable top to provide storage areas within the seating itself.
- Outdoor kitchens, with larger more adventurous kitchens featuring sinks, large bench spaces, grills, gas burners, a pizza oven being even more popular than portable BBQs.
- Outdoor lighting, speakers and TVs, letting us remain outside for longer periods of time.
- Outdoor fireplaces, not only for winter entertaining, but to also let us stay out later at night during the warmer months too.
- Large areas of raised decking, formally separating the lawn from the dining areas.
- Built in or covered porches, often with gazebo type walls which can be taken down or put up depending on the weather.
- Outdoor bar installations, with bench space and a built in fridge or mini-bar.
- Pergolas over top of patios and decks, providing some shade but not a complete roof.
Our building teams love the outdoors just as much as you do! Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our team to discuss how we can help you achieve a fabulous NZ style outdoor entertaining area you’ll love to share with friends.